Her kind and friendly demeanour puts you immediately at ease and the lymphatic treatment is so relaxing and beneficial. I look forward to my sessions and reaping the rewards.
Thank you Ana for giving me back my ankles!” Carole, Kesgrave
Manual Lymphatic Drainage is a specialised, gentle massage technique that stimulates the body’s lymphatic system, improving the metabolism, helping the body to eliminate waste and toxins and providing a boost to the immune system. It is a rhythmical and deeply relaxing massage, whereby specific and gentle movements of the skin stimulate and increase the removal of waste products, toxins and excess fluid from the body’s tissues resulting in clearer and cleaner skin, reduced puffiness around the eyes, reduced cellulite, reduced fluid retention and improved skin tone. Lymphatic Drainage also has a tonic effect on intestinal peristalsis, which in turn can aid digestion.
The Lymphatic System
The Lymphatic System is part of the immune system, which protects the body against infection. It transports nutrients to cells and eliminates metabolic wastes, toxins and excess fluid from the body. When the Lymphatic system becomes blocked, fluid builds up and stagnates, causing the entire system to become toxic. This makes us feel sluggish and more susceptible to viral or contagious diseases.
By stimulating this system through massage, it works more efficiently, which in turn boosts the immune system, clears blockages, eliminates toxins, transports nutrients to cells and increases the metabolism.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage can help to …
● reduce swelling and fluid retention (puffy ankles, eyes, bloating)
● boost the immune system
● increase energy levels
● promote the body’s own healing mechanisms
Specific conditions / people it may help include:
● People who frequently suffer from common illness e.g. colds / flu
● Glandular fever
● Sinus problems, including hay fever
● Pre- and post-operative clients – may help prevention of scar tissue formation
● Digestive problems – for example IBS, constipation
● People who are inactive for any reason – Manual Lymphatic Drainage may bring great relief from swollen extremities that can occur due to inactivity
● Skin conditions such as acne and rosacea
● May improve the appearance of cellulite
● Hormonal imbalances e.g. menopause, pre-menstrual tension
As an added bonus, it can also have a calming effect on the nervous system – thereby helping to relieve stress and tension
As no oils or powders are used it is completely safe even for those with sensitive skin.
£45 – £70 depending on the area requiring treatment
To book please contact Ana:
*Please note cancellations charges apply – within 48 hours (not including Sundays) is 50% of treatment cost, within 24 hours (not including Sundays) is full treatment cost. If you reschedule and attend your next appointment within one month, you will be refunded 50% of this cancellation charge.